Job Title: Auto Parts Sales Consultant
Department: Parts Department, Oil City Auto Salvage.
Previous automotive sales experience a plus. As a counter sales consultant your job will be to sell recycled, aftermarket, new and OEM Surplus auto and truck parts to body shops, mechanical shops and the retail public. Performs a variety of customer service, in store, marketing, promoting, advertising and stocking duties related to the receiving, sale and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe, and profitable operation of the Oil City Auto Salvage sales department. Ongoing responsibility for assisting with the counter parts sales and customer service responsibilities.
Parts Department Responsibilities:
- Sells automotive related parts to repair the problem and meet the customer’s needs.
- Scheduling deliveries with parts delivery driver, map out delivery routes.
- Maintain customer relationships by greeting and acknowledging all customers.
- Makes periodic sales calls to existing and new customers.
- Assist in keeping facility clean, organized and orderly.
- Utilize Hollander/Powerlink inventory management software.
- Record all sales and/or customer transactions that occur.
- Controls showroom inventory to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks that maintain and enhances the cleanliness of products and the retail sales area, warehouse, etc.
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the business. Processes cores, warranties, and return merchandise as required at a point of sale.
- Attends training as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job description.
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently.
- Assist in managing eBay store, Hollander parts, Car-Part.com and other online sales platforms.
- Performs other tasks as required by Parts Manger.
- Keeps himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
- Verify receiving documents.
- Follow up on shortages and expedite by reporting to Sales Manager.
- Should be knowledgeable in merchandising and inventory management.
- Answer phones, able to manage high call volumes.
- Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns and make sure the problem is corrected to the customer and salvage yard’s satisfaction.
- Greet customers immediately in a courteous manner.
- Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of auto parts (Experience with Powerlink/Hollander a huge plus)
- Professional phone skills, well spoken with clear articulation.
- Ability to effectively listen.
- Ability to interpret customer needs.
- Experience/Computer skills a must.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Good organizational skills.
- Have an excellent work ethic/always on time and dependable
- Be a team player and get along with others
- Ability to balance daily cash drawer
- Follow directions from management
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Requires the use of both hands
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift in excess of 80lbs. of material.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously and with dignity.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees and owners.
- Be early, flexible and available for scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical training.
- Focus on Quality & Service.
- Be neat and clean.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning material or other toxic materials commonly found in motor vehicle service departments, some of which may be considered health hazards.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
To apply, fill out the form below and attach a resume.
Primary Communities Served
Serving all of MI
We ship anywhere in the country